Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #18607

    printer friendly version

    Question: My mom had made a fence aroung our back yard. Kids keep on trespassing by climbing on our fence. They do this because they want to cross from the apartments on the other side of our backyard to the street in front of our house. Can we call the police if this occures again?


    Calling the police to report the trespasser(s) would be an appropriate response against a trespasser. In Arizona, trespassing is a serious crime and it is not looked upon lightly. Charges range from a class 1 misdemeanor to a class 6 felony depending on the type of criminal trespass. (A.R.S. § 13-1501 through 1504). However, to be convicted of this crime like any crime, there must be criminal intent. Therefore, if it could be shown that one was merely passing through a neighbor's yard without the intent to commit a crime, then there would be no consequences.

    On the other hand, ignorance of the law is never an excuse because one should know better than to trample through someone's yard without their permission.

    There is another important factor to consider.  What happens if that trespasser gets injured while on your property? Would he or she be able to sue your mom? And would you be insured for the damages under your Homeowners policy? This answer takes some explanation and you may want to consult a local attorney.

    Today a trespasser who gets hurt on your property can sue you, if you have permitted a dangerous condition to continue. Whether the fence you constructed is considered a dangerous condition is something you should discuss with an attorney or the city officials where you reside. Contacting your City or an attorney will help guide you on reasonable steps to take.  Additionally, if you have a homeowners' policy, you should contact them as well.

    1 thru 5 of 7 comments    [ 1 ]  2    
    On 09/16/08
    AJ from AZ said:
    Call the police if they do it again. They are trespassing on your private property.
    On 06/29/08
    carl from CA said:
    go ahead and call the cops, but to be honest they probably won't care, and the offenders will be long gone by the time they show up. it's your word against theirs.
    On 03/16/08
    Hannah from AZ said:
    To Gallegos: I think you should report it to the police. It would probobly count as property damage or vandalism. They would have to pay for any bills you had to pay for, for washing or repairing your car. They would also have to pay a fine of whatever amount the law says. As long as you have proof, you can most likely report it. Give specific information such as when, where, who, and how. I definately think you should report it to the police. I would.
    On 06/25/07
    from AL said:
    What you require are thirteen-foot high steel reinforced concrete walls, lined with razor-wire.
    On 08/18/06
    jon from MT said:
    i thnk you should put up signs for trespassers and if the disobey  it , call the police!
    1 thru 5 of 7 comments    [ 1 ]  2    

    Read more about the law and Vandalism and Property Damage
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    • Vandalism and Property Damage
      • No laws found!
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Navigate to this web-site: source prednisone for sale why not find out more.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2022. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us