Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #22789

    printer friendly version

    Question: I got my driver's permit when i lived in kansas, and there, you can get a permit when you are 14. I moved to Arizona and I am still 14. Can i still drive legally in Arizona? Or do i have to wait?


    When you become a resident of a state, your ability to legally drive is governed by your ability to obtain a license or a permit subject to the laws of your new home state.

    Although Arizona recognizes other states' permits for non-resident drivers, you may not continue to drive in Arizona using your previous state's permit once you become a resident here. Arizona requires you to immediately apply for an Arizona license upon becoming a resident.

    To obtain an instructional permit as a resident of the State of Arizona, you must be 15 years and 7 months old (A.R.S. § 28-3154). There are two exceptions to this statute: 1) you may obtain an instructional permit at the age of 15 years if you meet the qualifications for a permit and you are enrolled in a state approved driver's education program (A.R.S. § 28-3155) or 2) if you are a minor operating farm equipment (A.R.S. § 28-3152(2)).

    You can find more information by visiting the Arizona Department of Transportation Online.

    0 thru 0 of 0 comments      
    Sorry, there are currently no comments posted
    0 thru 0 of 0 comments      

    Read more about the law and Driving
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Click here to find out more: see details buying accutane online usa discover this info here.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us