Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #97

    printer friendly version

    Question: How can a minor protect themselves from verbal/mental abuse?

    Answer: It depends on the situation. Perhaps counseling would be a good idea. Talk to a school counselor that you trust at your school for direction or suggestions. You may also want to contact an Attorney who specializes in Family Law to answer questions regarding visitation or questions on non-custodial parents. You could contact the State Bar Association in your state to ask for a referral to a Family Law Attorney or a phone number to a Children's Law Center Hotline.

    1 thru 4 of 4 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 03/15/04
    Stephanie from AZ said:
    I have a younger brother that is continuiously mentally abused and I am trying to keep him away from the situation but it is proving to be difficult. We were wondering as a minor what his rights are he is 15 years old. We are desperate. Thank you, Stephanie Farmer
    On 05/27/03
    sarah from TN said:
    My boyfriend's dad died about 9 years ago, and he's been living wih his mom, his brother, and his mom's boyfriend. His mom and her boyfriend just got married about a week or 2 ago, and Stevie's brother is at Roane State College, but he comes home almost every weekend. His brother is the only father figure he's really ever known and he beats him up pretty bad every day. His mom makes him feel like he does nothing but get in her way. He's run away for weekends at a time on a few different occasions. Now, I know I would have to have some physical evidence that abuse is taking place, but I need to
    On 06/16/02
    jayeddy from CA said:
    l live with my father and i visit with my mon that is where i would like to live but my dad hates my mom if i ask to live with her he just tells me that my mom has not been a good mom my mother is nice and she has a hard time to get a lawyer to go to court. i would like to talk to the courts becouse my dad is never home the person that lives there has been taking care if me that is way i way my mom she is my real mom.
    On 09/28/01
    Ben D. from AZ said:
    What is the number for the Children's Law Center Hotline? [(602) 258-3434 x 266] Also, do you think finding a way to avoid the abuse would be a more logical first step rather than getting counseling right away?
    1 thru 4 of 4 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Family
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Pop over to this site: go to the source buy isotretinoin online why not find out more.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us