Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #16972

    printer friendly version

    Question: Is there still a possibility for me to become a lawyer if I just have a GED?


    Anything is possible!  But to be a lawyer, you must first go to college and then attend law school  (see LFK Speak Up! question #482). 


    Many students start at a two-year college. Arizona has one of the best community college systems in the nation.  Check out the Maricopa County Community Colleges website for community colleges in Arizona. Community Colleges don’t cost as much as a four-year university and it’s a good way to get started in your college career.



    After finishing your two-year degree at the community college level, you can transfer to a four-year university like Arizona State University or the University of Arizona. They both offer law programs of study. You don’t have to go to ASU or U of A but it may help when you apply to law school. You can earn a four-year degree at several different colleges in Arizona. And you don’t have to go to a community college. You can choose to go all four years at a university. Check out these web sites for all of the colleges in Arizona.





    Visit the websites of Arizona law schools:

    Arizona State University (ASU)

    University of Arizona (U of A)


    After you finish your four-year degree, you have to apply to law school. Arizona State University and University of Arizona both have Schools of Law. You have to take a special test, LSAT, and fill out an application for law school. It is very difficult to get into Law School, so study a lot and work hard to get good grades when you are working on your four-year degree. It takes three years of law school to complete your law degree. When you are finished with law school, you will take a special test called the “Bar Examination.” After you pass the test you will be able to practice law in the state of Arizona.


    Anything is possible! Take small steps and someday you will become a Lawyer. Good Luck!


    Visit the US Department of Labor web site to find out more about the profession of law.

    0 thru 0 of 0 comments      
    Sorry, there are currently no comments posted
    0 thru 0 of 0 comments      

    Read more about the law and School
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    This site: read more best place to buy accutane online use this link.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2021. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us