Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #17036

    printer friendly version

    Question: I have ADHD and have some minor behavior problems, the school I'm in has me in a special education class. The school recently placed me in the mainstream and I had a scuffle with another kid on the playground and during the scuffle I told him if he did that again I would snap his neck. I was suspended from school without a hearing and arrested by the police. Are there any attorneys in Phoenix that provide free or pro-bono services for children?


    If you were charged with a crime in Maricopa County juvenile court, you may be legally entitled to a court-appointed attorney on the criminal / delinquency charge.  At your first court appearance, ask the judge if a court-appointed attorney will be provided.


    On the school suspension, you can try to contact Legal Aid in your county, or call the Arizona Center for Law in the Public Interest at (602) 258-8850 to see if they can help, or for a referral to someone who works in the area of education law. 

    1 thru 5 of 8 comments    [ 1 ]  2    
    On 05/14/09
    NO! from NV said:
    hey don't worry i have ADHD 2! and when i get mad then its kinda hard to stop! i take meds 4 my ADHD 2! its hard. in 6th grade i moved to a new town i got 6 bus writeups! all for standing up for my lil sis! i tried to explain it to the school but they said that there was no exuse 4 me! that i wasnt going to get any special treatment. i cried but i eventually got over it. having ADHD means you are more unique. Did u know that kids w/ ADHD r actually smarter than normal kids! Viva ADHD people!! hahahaha! love ya
    On 06/03/06
    Robert from VA said:
    The problem here is that you didn't commit a crime. The school systems in each state ALWAYS reserve the right to suspend a student for any reason. You were suspended for a threat. Sadly for you, your threat was considered worse than your instigators. Because of this, you were not entitled to a lawyer. There is no court to go to over a domestic dispute.
    On 04/27/06
    Josette from AZ said:
    My 4th grader is being excluding from an overnight field trip in district 69 as a punishment administered in January 5 months prior to the trip. He has ADHD and is being medicated. He is the only one in his class not going, based on some minor behavior problems caused by his ADHD. I feel that he is being discriminated against and need some help. I have already contacted the teacher, the principal and the assistant superintendent. Thank you
    On 03/03/06
    Billy from MI said:
    Well,I am E.I.,so I have been in over 100 'scuffles' with over 100 'kids'. I have definitely had enough. now 'they' have me going to 2 diffrent schools for half an hour a day,trying to get me back into a 'normal' school. like thats ever going to happen.
    On 11/03/05
    test from AZ said:
    REMINDER: Sometimes we receive questions that are not law-related or that are outside the scope of the Law for Kids website. In these instances, we will not be able to provide you with an answer. Remember that you can still check at the library or ask your teachers your questions. If you have urgent need for legal advice, please consult a trained legal professional. You can search the State Bar of Arizona Member Finder for the names and contact information of Arizona attorneys. If you have an urgent need for someone to talk with, there are many 1-800 hotline numbers listed in the 1-800
    1 thru 5 of 8 comments    [ 1 ]  2    

    Read more about the law and School and Arrested
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Click to read more: provide a link where to buy lyrica check this out.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2021. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us