Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #18499

    printer friendly version

    Question: What do I have to show the judge if I want to be emancipated?

    Answer: At the hearing it is your responsibility to convince the judge that it is in your best interests to be emancipated. The court will consider the following:

    • your wishes and your parents’ opinion regarding emancipation
    • your financial situation and whether you are independent from your parents – proof of employment or other means of support, including housing and health care
    • your education and success at school
    • whether you have a criminal record
    • whether you understand the risks of emancipation

    You must also show that you have either been living on your own for three consecutive months, or why living at home is not a healthy or safe environment, or provide written consent for emancipation from your parents or guardian.

    11 thru 15 of 33 comments     1   2  [ 3 ]  4   5  ...   
    On 10/09/06
    D gurl from GA said:
    i want to get emancipated because my parents are verbally abusive to me and my mom is physically abusive. what do i do? she tries to argue with me and say that she will fight it because i only want to get out to live with my boyfriend but that is not the only reason now she is threatening statutory rape on him and he is 18 and i am 15. but the first time we had sex he was 17 and i was 15. so what do i do???? help!!!!
    On 08/25/06
    s from AZ said:
    im 16 living with my mom and shes got a drug abbuse problem she gets high off of pills akll the time i cant take it any more ive got a baby on the way and i dont know what i can do to get away from her legally. help please
    On 08/13/06
    Monica from GA said:
    Im living with my mom. it is hard to explain in word but . when she is not at work she is on line and home I try talkin to her and she just doesn't answer me. I know someone where I can live and stuff like that... I need to leave A.s.p
    On 08/13/06
    samantha from FL said:
    well... im 15 and ill be 16 soon, and i want to move in with my boyfriend,who has a house, and GOOD job and i know he can support me, his mom and dad said it was ok and that they would take me to court to get emancipated, but my mom says i cant move out! how can i still be able to move out
    On 06/23/06
    Kellye from WA said:
    My friend needs to be emancipated from his father greatly, for a life and death issue. His father does not listen to him and can't see how much pain his son is in. My friends mother is a no show who hates him along with her family and his dad's family has nothing but problems and have never really been a part of his life so he has no where to go, but he's afraid to try and get emancipated because he thinks it will take to long. I need advice on how to help him.
    11 thru 15 of 33 comments     1   2  [ 3 ]  4   5  ...   

    Read more about the law and New Laws
    Related Stories
    • New Laws
      • No stories found!
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    You could try this out: link to original buy accutane more info.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us