Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #18602

    printer friendly version

    Question: I flicked a staple and hit my friend in the eye. After he went to the doctor he found out that it scratched his cornea and now his parents' lawyer has sent us a letter saying they want my Mom's homeowners insurance number to pay, but I don't think that will even cover all the costs. Can he sue us for our house, cars, etc. too? Thanks.

    Answer: Your Mom's homeowners insurance will most likely cover all of the costs except for the deductible. Unless there is permanent damage to the eye, or some other extreme problem it will be a manageable amount and won't require the sale of your house or cars. He can't make your mom sell all of the stuff, he can simply get a judgment and try to collect the money.

    1 thru 5 of 7 comments    [ 1 ]  2    
    On 07/03/08
    Vu from Othr said:
    Wow, if i sued everyone who had ever casued me a soft tissue injury or broken bone or other ongoing ailment (especially as i play soccer), i would be a billionaire. There's nothing more annoying than people who sue for these things. That's what health insurance is for. And if you don't have health insurance i guess that is the peril of living in a country that does not look after its citizens. Uk / Australia = free hospital cover.
    On 06/15/07
    j from AZ said:
    I had a laceration (worse than a scratch) of my cornea from a teenage boy flicking a playing card at me. His family did not have homeowners insurance and my family in the end chose not to sue... The homeowner's insurance is likely to cover the damage, it is possible though that they could chose to pursue punitive damages from your mother personally and in addition to what the insurance will pay. "Punitive" are fines meant to punish and if you are truly sorry and comitted to not doing such stupid it might go over better.
    On 05/01/06
    elener from WV said:
    i agree it's your fault u flicked it and what kind of friend are you flicking staples any way ?
    On 04/06/06
    CHERRY from KY said:
    mmmmmmm.... well that is pretty hard but still dont flick staples! they hurt real bad! in the end everything will be alright! God bless u and your family!
    On 10/27/05
    mhmmmm from MA said:
    wow. dont flick staples. they're deadly.
    1 thru 5 of 7 comments    [ 1 ]  2    

    Read more about the law and Trouble
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Official source: provide a link where to buy prednisone visit this link.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2022. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us