Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #432

    printer friendly version

    Question: If you have missed more than 10 days of school, are you legally required to go for no credit?

    Answer: The law does not address a specific situation such as yours. In this instance, the school district would have jurisdiction over the decision of whether to give credit for completing a class in light of absences. You might want to address this to your school's principal or Superintendent.

    See the LawForKids.org section on Truancy for information about school absences.

    1 thru 5 of 7 comments    [ 1 ]  2    
    On 09/02/06
    not telling from AZ said:
    it depends on your schools absence policy
    On 04/15/04
    bob from NJ said:
    actually i believe it is 18 days you have to miss before you loss credit in the class, since you have to be at school 90% of the time for it to count as a full year. If you are absent for more than that talk to your teachers and they will usually give you a test or something like that and you can get back your credit.
    On 03/12/04
    Seth from LA said:
    I moved a lot in a month, and at once place the bus never came to get me. I missed a lot because of this. I had no way to get to school, but since these weren't proper reasons to be absent I automatically failed with my As. Another year I happened to get sick more than usual. Being sick does NOT count as an excused absence unless you have a doctor excuse. Im not sure about most of America, but I certainly cant afford to go to the hospital every time I have a headache and runny nose. When this happened I just stopped going then. I just got my GED and scored in the top 98%.
    On 11/19/03
    John Doe from AZ said:
    You Know what's strange, When its not the childs fault for not going to school. What I mean is that not every child is blessed with a nice house good parents, enough to eat, or even a safe house. Some kids dont have the money to go to school some kids even grow up with out the support of the parents but when the child does not go to school then its his fault. They suspend his future chances of getting a Drivers license all because the childs not old enough to work. Thats not justice. Thats wrong!
    On 09/05/03
    courtney from IA said:
    skipping school will greatly damage your record
    1 thru 5 of 7 comments    [ 1 ]  2    

    Read more about the law and School
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2024. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us