Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #17298

    printer friendly version

    Question: My daughter attends a charter school - Her teacher has many times told the class that if they don't be quiet then she can call the police to arrest them and take to juvinile, Can the teacher do this?

    Answer: A.R.S. § 13-2911 makes it a crime to interfere or disrupt an educational institution. The law allows the administrator or appointed officials (teachers) to ask someone to leave if they are disrupting the use of the property by others (students). Under the law it is possible for a juvenile to be taken into custody for interfering with classroom activities. Interference is defined by the law as an act that might reasonably lead to postponement, cancellation or suspension of any class or other school activity.   In other words, if one child or the whole class is severely disruptive to the point where the class is postponed or cancelled, then yes, the police can be called.  It would take quite a bit for this to happen.

    1 thru 5 of 8 comments    [ 1 ]  2    
    On 02/17/09
    gerard from AZ said:
    i think that's stupid. if they won't shut up, get the principal to do something with those kids, but only if the kids won't stop when needed to. how do teachers expect them not to talk and disrupt class? my johnny, we're kids. that's not gonna stop anytime soon
    On 08/19/08
    Mrs. S from AZ said:
    Education is a right, a privelege, and a responsibility. If you aren't educated you are subject to those who are. Nobody wants to be told what to do but the only way to be truly free is to educate yourselves to freedom. That is why there is mandatory education. A democratic society must be run by educated people. If you are disrupting class so that others cannot be free you are denying their rights as citizens. This is why the police can be called. You are stealing their right to learn. Take this time to really learn so that someone else can't take advantage of you and take what is yours.
    On 03/20/08
    Jen from AZ said:

    I definately don't agree that a teacher can call a police officer about talking too much in class, for pete's sake its just talking. There is better consequences than that.

    On 02/11/08
    A very from OK said:
    We will socialize. We are required to go to school. Fine. But we're socializing there.
    On 12/19/07
    danny from AZ said:
    i think he/she can't aresst you for not being quite.
    1 thru 5 of 8 comments    [ 1 ]  2    

    Read more about the law and School
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2024. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us