Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #17298

    printer friendly version

    Question: My daughter attends a charter school - Her teacher has many times told the class that if they don't be quiet then she can call the police to arrest them and take to juvinile, Can the teacher do this?

    Answer: A.R.S. § 13-2911 makes it a crime to interfere or disrupt an educational institution. The law allows the administrator or appointed officials (teachers) to ask someone to leave if they are disrupting the use of the property by others (students). Under the law it is possible for a juvenile to be taken into custody for interfering with classroom activities. Interference is defined by the law as an act that might reasonably lead to postponement, cancellation or suspension of any class or other school activity.   In other words, if one child or the whole class is severely disruptive to the point where the class is postponed or cancelled, then yes, the police can be called.  It would take quite a bit for this to happen.

    6 thru 8 of 8 comments     1  [ 2 ]   
    On 11/15/07
    C from AL said:
    Beating students is a civil rights violation. Period. You might as well suggest they be attacked with dogs and fire-hoses.
    On 10/19/07
    rob from AZ said:
    How about this.All kids need to shut up period!!!This is not summer camp, this is school.Too many kids look at it as a social event.Teachers have no way to control rowdy students.The kids know they have no consiqueces for actions.So what can they do? they threaten them with the cops? Big deal! God forbid they throw the offenders out of school or lay a hand on them. When I was in school the pricipal could and did paddle you for almost anything.Pain is the ultimate teacher. Bring back the paddle!!
    On 08/15/07
    garret from TX said:
    the teacher can have the cops come and right a ticket for misconduct which ranges between 200hundred to 300hundred
    6 thru 8 of 8 comments     1  [ 2 ]   

    Read more about the law and School
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Look at this: this site buying accutane pop over to this article.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2021. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us