Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #18429

    printer friendly version

    Question: My girlfriend's father beats/rapes her on a regular basis, her mother doesn't seem to care, and her father has taught her brother to disrespect and hurt her as well. She's 17 still, and I'm 16, and I'm wondering if she could move in with me and my mother until she turns 18


    Sexual and physical abuse are serious issues and must be reported.  Arizona law requires certain persons who suspect that a child (under age 18)  has received non-accidental injury or has been neglected to report their concerns to CPS or local law enforcement (ARS §13-3620.B). YOU may be her only advocate at the time you report the possibility of abuse or neglect. People who are abused often tell a person with whom they feel safe about abuse or neglect. Since she has told you of such experiences, act to protect her by calling the toll free Arizona Child Abuse Hotline at 1-888-SOS-CHILD (1-888-767-2445).

    Child protection services will then determine what is in her best interest.

    6 thru 10 of 11 comments     1  [ 2 ]  3    
    On 03/10/06
    ste from AL said:
    the same thing is happening with my girlfriend, she puts so much fath in me not telling other people that it make's it hard for me to do anything because i dont wont to lose her....but she say's even after everything her dad's done to her she still likes him.....but she told me that she wont see him again so thats good right.....i'm so depressed and confused....any advice would be great...
    On 11/16/05
    Danielle from IL said:
    thats really sick and you should really try to tell someone else to help her, thats good that you care but you really need to get her real help and maybe her moving won't be that bad for a lil while but not till shes 18!
    On 11/06/05
    we-r-people-nt-mone from HI said:
    Wow...how gross. It must be humiliating for her. I wouldn't make it public on him cause she'll get hurt. Sh must have gone through a lot. I'm glad that there are friends like you that worry, and there should always be.
    On 11/06/05
    Eb from MI said:
    I think it's a problem if the mother doesn't believe her own own child.Sometimes the mother doesn't put their own child first and they don't want their husband or boyfriend to get into trouble because supposably they "love" them.Your child should always come first,no matter what, especially in a situation like that.
    On 10/02/05
    Jane Doe from AS said:
    My mother was raped.
    6 thru 10 of 11 comments     1  [ 2 ]  3    

    Read more about the law and Family and Sexual Assault and Misconduct
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Try this site: visit the website buy prednisone no prescription get the facts.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2022. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us