Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #24195

    printer friendly version


    IF your parent is doing drugs such as cocain and crack and snorting pills like adderal. Can you be taken out of the home? and if cps has been notified and school counselors why isn't anyone doing anything?


    There is a process for investigating neglect or abuse of a child, and for removing a child from an unfit home if the situation has grown serious enough.  And certainly a parent who exposes his/her child to constant drug use has endangered that child.  Unfortunately, it sounds like you have already consulted with CPS and a guidance counselor at your school.  Normally, an agency like CPS (or the local police) will investigate a situation like this, and if enough evidence exists, take formal action.  Here is the number for Child Protective Services 888-SOS-CHILD or 888-767-2445.

    Here are some additional phone numbers that may be of help to you.

    Child Help USA Hotline

    Children's Law Center (Arizona) - Volunteer lawyers are available to help kids with their legal issues. 602-258-3434 ext. 266.

    National Crisis/Suicide Hotline - 800-999-9999

    National Substance Abuse Hotline - 800-378-4435 or 800-435-7111

    Parents Anonymous of Arizona 24-Hour Family Lifeline - 800-352-0528

    Teen Link (Various Topics) - 800-235-9678

    Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) - 800-816-0491 or 800-865-4314

    Youth Crisis Hotline - 800-448-4663

    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 05/07/08
    JT from TN said:
    If your parents are doing drugs then you need to get out. And if you school isn't listening to you then you need to keep telling them and then they will believe you sooner or later and then they will do something so i hope that you get out of there and get into a safe place...
    On 05/07/08
    JT from TN said:

    Hey well if they're doing drugs you need to get out of that house as soon as you can. You need to keep trying to talk to the people at your school and keep telling them that they need to get you out of that house cause i went through that same thing and i finally got out of it but you have to keep telling them and it takes a little bit of time but they will get you out of that house.I hope that helped you GOOD LUCK and i hope that you get out safe.

    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Illegal Substances
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Check here: this link prednisone buy online click here for more.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2022. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us