Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #544

    printer friendly version

    Question: I drank legally in Mexico, but got a MIP when I came across the border into America. Why?

    Answer: There is a relatively new law in Arizona that allows the police on this side of the boarder to cite a minor who appears intoxicated or who has consumed alcohol on the Mexico side of the border with 'minor in possession of alcohol.' The theory is that the minor 'possesses' the alcohol inside their body. This law was most likely in response to the thousands of under 21 drinkers who go across the line, party and come back into the United States under the influence of alcohol. The numbers of kids who do that are very high. They then attempt to drive cars home and become deadly statistics of drunk driving.

    6 thru 8 of 8 comments     1  [ 2 ]   
    On 09/30/03
    tiffany from AZ said:
    i agree with jewels. unless you are pulled over for something other than an officer "thought" you might have been drinking as a minor- that they shouldn't be able to pull you over for a test.
    On 05/12/03
    marie from IA said:
    well tech when you cross border lines and they have any suspesion of anything they can chack and if you under the influence they can arrest you cuz it is the law in the US stay in mexico till your better that take 48 hours till it out of your blood stream
    On 11/01/02
    jewels from AZ said:
    i am of the opinion that unless you are pulled over for something like reckless driving, the state should not be allowed to do this. then again, those kids could just stay in mexico until they're sober again
    6 thru 8 of 8 comments     1  [ 2 ]   

    Read more about the law and Illegal Substances
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    You can try here: view more buy cheap accutane online no prescription find out here now.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us