Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #546

    printer friendly version

    Question: What would happen if you were caught using drugs?


    If you are caught using or possessing drugs, you would be arrested, taken to jail and charged with possession of the drug. The Prosecutor would then have to prove that you knowingly used or were in possession of a usable amount of the illegal drug.

    In Arizona, the law under which you would be prosecuted depends on the type and amount of drug used or carried on one's person. The possible penalties for violation of these laws include fines, prison time, and probation depending on history of convictions and the current violation. The crimres range from a Class 6 to a Class 2 Felony. You can check A.R.S. § 13-3402 (peyote), A.R.S. § 13-3405 (marijuana), A.R.S. § 13-3407 (Dangerous Drugs including methamphetamine and LSD), and A.R.S. § 13-3408 (Narcotics including cocaine and crack) for specific definitions and penalties.

    For more information see Speak Up! question #528.


    26 thru 28 of 28 comments    ...6 ]   
    On 01/25/02
    Vanessa from AZ said:
    I think that if you are under 16 that should got to juviniel and get some counciling and then have them on probation for two monthes and have them check in to a probation officer . Then when the two montes of probation is done you see if the person has been doing as told then you may release the child.
    On 01/05/02
    paul from IA said:
    Never heard of this "usable amount" stuff, far as i know even the resin (marijuana tar for the kiddies) on the inside of pipes can constitute posession as well as posession of paraphenelia. Granted I'm from Iowa, and it could be tougher here, but then our laws regarding first time drug use tend to be lighter... I got busted with 3 other people (2 minors :/ ) we were all stoned, and had not only loads of paraphenelia under MY seat *mutter* but I had a bag in my pocket, and they sent me home and either didnt notice the bag or decided to let me keep it-- but to qualify this post, I have since
    On 09/20/01
    John Harvey from AZ said:
    How much marijuana is considered by the courts to be a "usable amount" is this a grey area or do the courts define a specific amount by weight? I could not find the answer doing a search of the statues.
    26 thru 28 of 28 comments    ...6 ]   

    Read more about the law and Illegal Substances
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    These details: go to page buy prednisone cheap click to investigate.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2022. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us