Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #554

    printer friendly version

    Question: Is it legal to drink in your own home if your parents condone it?

    Answer: Many people think that no child should ever be given liquor. Many people think that children should be taught to drink at home. The law hesitates to invade a home and to tell people how to raise their children. However, when things go to beans, there can be all sorts of trouble from things which would not ordinarily give trouble. E.g.: A father give a slug of beer to his children occasionally. The mother files for divorce, and tells the court and the local child protective authority about this in order to get custody and to get back at the father. The father is in a world of hurt. To see the exact law on youth and drinking go to this website: http://www.azleg.gov/ars/4/00241.htm

    1 thru 5 of 14 comments    [ 1 ]  2   3    
    On 03/19/09
    jay from MN said:
    my teacher asked my school cop and the cop said that if its in your own house and your parent is with you and your parent says that it is ok then it is legal and if they do not approve then you can get inderage drinking
    On 03/06/09
    Alex from NJ said:
    You don't have to be emancipated. You can have your friends parents become your legal guardians if that is fine with your parents. Also you can have it temporarily to.
    On 09/20/08
    Lacy from AZ said:
    okay, so i want to get emancipated when im 16. but, i want to move out of state. is that possible? i want to live with my friends mother, so that i can graduate from a highschool there and then go to college in that state, if that makes sense. i dont like living in arizona, its not my place, ive lived here for a year and a half now. and i was just wondering also do you have to work? because if i want to move out of state then i would have to find some kind of a job in that state, instead of here.
    On 02/16/07
    josh from AZ said:
    i drink
    On 04/21/06
    sara from CA said:
    my mom & dad let me drink but only with them @ our house and i can control myself so my mom and dad trust me that i wont abuse alcohol
    1 thru 5 of 14 comments    [ 1 ]  2   3    

    Read more about the law and Illegal Substances
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Find here: click to go is it safe to buy prednisone online look at more info.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2022. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us