Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #317

    printer friendly version

    Question: I am being charged with credit card fraud but have no record, is it possible to get probation?

    Answer: Yes. Most often, first time criminal offenders are placed on probation for their crime. The exceptions to this are crimes that involve the death or serious physical injury of the victim or crimes in which the defendant used a weapon, such as a gun or knife. Credit card fraud does not fall under these exceptions and typically, the prosecutor will offer a plea agreement that will place the defendant on probation. Even if the defendant is convicted at trial, however, the judge is likely to place a defendant on probation if he does not have any prior criminal record.

    11 thru 15 of 33 comments     1   2  [ 3 ]  4   5  ...   
    On 06/04/04
    lagirl from CA said:
    Just be lucky your federal and not state. The feds got me for counterfeit money, and the state tried me when I was done. You'll be fine. I've seen a lot worse get 18mos-5yrs.
    On 05/25/04
    max from RI said:
    I'm charged with credit card fraud. I used credit cards to get items from store. I didn't use any fake ID beacause my friend worked in that store (he got fired). The whole amout is <$100.000, about 60.000 I'd like to know what am I facing? Secret service already took my computer for search, but they dont' have anything on them. They have only my statement. Please help.
    On 05/10/04
    singlemomaz from AZ said:
    If you are a single parent and if you are worried about going to jail you should write out on a sheet of paper a will. To protect your children because if you don't they'll go to foster care even if there is other family members to take care of your children. I am only telling you because I am a single-parent, I am going thru some major legal issues myself and I simply wrote a will so my daughter doesnt go into foster but my parents for 6 months power attorney just incase something does happen to me.
    On 04/28/04
    Jack from NY said:
    My checks and credit card were stolen and used. Do I, the victim, have to pay the payments back? or am I reimbursed? And what is going to happen to the person who stole all the fundS?
    On 03/22/04
    melisa from WI said:
    i was caught using a stole credit card from an elderly friend but the card account was paid back in full and and neither the friend or the company is pressing charges but the county is what are my rights
    11 thru 15 of 33 comments     1   2  [ 3 ]  4   5  ...   

    Read more about the law and Other, Trouble and Arrested
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2024. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us